Saturday 20 July 2013

British Champs Rider Bio - Morven Brown

Well, here's one for myself! I'm seriously looking forward to the Champs, especially as they're in Glasgow. This season has been a bit of a slow developer on the British level for me, so hopefully the results will keep going upwards at the Champs this weekend. I set off with the Senior women, in my first year in this category, at 12.30pm on the Sunday, so if you see me, give me a wee shout on or say hi.

Thank you in advance of all your support of all the riders at this event. Good luck to absolutely everyone who is racing, Scottish or not, the crowds will get behind you all! And hope that all the spectators enjoy the weekend of bike racing and sunshine.


Name : Morven Brown

Race category : Senior Women

Club/Team : Dales Cycles

Bike : Specialized Fate 29'er

Aim for the Cathkin National Champs : To do my absolute best, and hopefully get top-15

Best result of 2013 so far : 12th place at the British Series race at Margam Park

Where/when was your first ever race : Alvie Forest at Aviemore in 2003

Favourite Scottish MTB trail : Old-skool Learnie, Golspie or Innerleithen.

Best things about being a MTB'er : Being able to eat all the food I want after training!! I really enjoy the social side to riding and racing too, getting to see my friends at races is good.

Little known fact about yourself : I can solve a Rubik's cube in under 3 minutes!


No comments:

Post a Comment